By Neville N. Osborne
Read or Download Biochemistry of Characterised Neurons PDF
Similar biochemistry books
Lehninger ideas of Biochemistry, Fourth variation brings readability and coherence to a frequently unwieldy self-discipline, whereas incorporating the field's most crucial contemporary advancements and functions.
This quantity maintains the culture of SUBCELLULAR BIOCHEMISTRY of attempting to holiday down interdisciplinary limitations within the examine of mobilephone functionality and of bringing the reader's consciousness to much less good studied, yet however priceless, organic structures. we commence with an in depth article by way of T. P. Karpetsky, M.
- Taschenwörterbuch der Biochemie / Pocket Dictionary of Biochemistry: Deutsch — Englisch Englisch — Deutsch / English — German German — English
- Signal Transduction in the Cardiovascular System in Health and Disease (Advances in Biochemistry in Health and Disease)
- Physical Methods for Inorganic Biochemistry
- Galectins: Methods and Protocols
- On the scent : a journey through the science of smell
- Basic Concepts in Biochemistry A Student's Survival Guide
Additional info for Biochemistry of Characterised Neurons
3. Control of Mucus Release by the Retzius Cells Lent (1973a, 1974) hypothesized that the Retzius cells might control the release of mucus from unicellular glands present under the leech skin since he could find no evidence that the Retzius cells are presynaptic to body wall muscle cells. He showed that mucus release is under neural control by severing the roots to body segments in otherwise intact leeches and found that the skin of only the denervated segments remained free of mucus. In addition, stimulation of the nerves to a segment enhanced the rate of mucus release from that segment relative to nearby, non-stimulated segments.
Rev. 53, 1-119. , & Hine, B. (1973). Loss of catecholamine derivatives during gas-liquid chromatography. Clin. Chim. Acta 44, 271-272. Hagiwara,S. & Morita, H. (1962). Electrotonic transmission between two nerve cells in leech ganglion. J. Neurophysiol. 16, 740-756. , Holmstedt, B. & Ryhage, R. (1968). Mass fragmentography: identification of chlorpromazine and its metabolites in human blood by a new method. Anal. Biochem. 25, 532-548. , Herbert, E. A. (1971). Screening for neurotransmitters: A rapid radiochemical procedure.
Ehinger, B. & Falck, B. (1968). A method for differentiating dopamine from noradrenaline in tissue sections by microspectrofluorometry. J. Histochem. Cytochem. 16, 263-270. H. O. (1974) . Coexistence of several putative neurotransmitters in single identified neurons of Aplysia. Proc. Nat'l Acad. , USA 71, 4662-4665. H. & Costa, E. (1972). Gas chromatography-mass fragmentography: A new approach to the estimation of amines and amine turnover. Adv. Biochem. Psychopharm. 6, 37-59. E. (1972). Autoradiographic and chemical location of 5-hydroxytryptamine in identified neurons in the leech.